- Taste--homemade RASPBERRY SORBET with our own raspberries...YUM! (To make, blitz in a blender 2 cups fresh raspberries with 1 cup of sugar + 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Blitz separately 1 cup of whipping cream/double cream. Add the raspberry puree to the whipped cream and blitz in the blender together briefly to creamy goodness. Freeze in a large container for at least 6 hours. Let sorbet sit 8-10 minutes at room temperature before serving--easier to scoop out. Use Online Conversion for measurement translations, if you need them.)
- Scent--wearing The Body Shop's Neroli Jasmin Eau de Toilette
- Sound--in heavy rotation, listening to Bruce Springsteen's The Promise and Darkness on the Edge of Town. Feeling a bit "retro" with my listening at the moment. For some raw, transcendental Springsteen guitar magic you can't miss this from The Boss --1978!
- Touch--a cool tumbled gemstone, grows warm in my hand as I hold it in meditation.
- Sight--Watching the Foo Fighters documentary Back and Forth, as well as the BBC's sophisticated & gripping mid-1950's drama, The Hour.
- Delight--beginning Andrea's Rainbow-licious chakra/creative healing e-workshop. I made a journal/sketchbook for this project... will share more soon!
- Intuition--taking time to tune into autumn just around the corner, a time of change. Thinking about what I want to focus on, try, do, etc.
- Comfort--my fave unique artisan printed t-shirts from The Banyan Tree...fun designs, soft cotton! I were this one with dragonflies, and this one with silver OM.
- Making--finished knitting a poncho for myself, photos coming soon. And playing with linen & vintage lace (in photo today) for a potential shawl for my PranaLight Etsy shop.
- Doing--if sunny, Saturday we hope to go to a river-walk arts & music festival!
- Dreaming--of an art course...either in real life time, or online...
- Reading--Crossing to Sunlight Revisited poems by Paul Zimmer and Real Happiness, a 28 day meditation program by well-loved Buddhist teacher Sharon Salzberg.
- Gratitude--that there are still some summer left to sip here in the Far North... ;o)
- Happiness--bouncing & dancing around the living room to Jai Uttal's special mix of world music and kirtan in his new Queen of Hearts and his Thunder Love... Yes, a lot of music just now!
- Love--LOVE to Dear Husband, my family, and to all you good friends!
What's happening with you right now? Tell me about the ordinary... and the extraordinary! Wishing you all a JOY-filled weekend!
P.S. Occasionally I've been receiving emails for some of you, wondering if your comments are "getting through"... Yes, they are! :o) The comment moderation is still in place, and there does seem to be an odd "disappearance" act of comments after one does the verification. But please rest assured that I am receiving all comments. And I do my best to get in and update/publish them as soon as I can.